Capsule is a joint initiative to bring about a holistic change in 3 disadvantaged schools in the Western Cape.
The primary objective is to cultivate learners that can read with meaning and understanding.
- Living through Learning is the literacy partner.
- Primary Science Program is the numeracy partner.
- Community Action Partnership focuses on the fine and gross motor skills development of grade R’s.
- Global Teachers Institute deploys interns to assist in the transformation in the schools while the interns are being mentored.
- Principals Academy Trust works directly with the principals to ensure that charges start at the highest level.
During 2019 the Capsule schools received teachers training, holiday programmes, class transformations as well as mobile libraries.